Sunday, December 25, 2005

I can tell you the meaning of Christmas Charlie Brown

I hate to admit it but I actually got weepy watching the Peanuts Christmas cartoon today...I could blame it on the fact that I've gone three nights in a row without sleep (Thursday night me with the stomach virus, Friday night Ray with the stomach virus, and Saturday night Emma, Today is Sunday...), but really I love Linus and his amazing ability to take a group of flaky people with whacked priorities and stand up in front of them and say out loud what really is important....a babe wrapped in swaddeling clothes and lying in a manger and angles saying "I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." I guess it is a sign of my times that I can't even read those verses in Luke 2 with out hearing a lisp (Linus' that is). Same as I can't read half of the Bible without breaking into Veggie Tales songs! Witshing You and Yourths a Very Merry Christhmis!

No comments: